Download the latest version of tvOS for your Apple TV.
Apple just unveiled tvOS 13, which introduces a ton of new features for the Apple TV. Besides that, it’s good to keep your Apple TV up to date to keep it running smoothly with the latest features Apple rolls out over time. Here’s how you can update your Apple TV.
How to install tvOS 13 on your Apple TV
- On your Mac, go to developer.apple.com/download.
- Enter your developer username and password to log in.
- Click on the blue Download button to the right of tvOS 13 beta configuration profile. Make sure to save the profile to your Desktop.
- Install the Apple Configurator app from the Mac App Store.
- Connect your Apple TV (4th generation) or Apple TV 4K to AC power.
- Connect your Apple TV (4th generation) or Apple TV 4K to the same wireless network as your Mac.
- Open Xcode on your Mac. Make sure you’re running the latest version.
- Click Window in the Menu bar.
- Click Devices and Simulators.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select Remotes and Devices.
- Select Remote App and Devices.
- In Xcode, select the Apple TV when it appears in the left column under Discovered.
- Enter the code that appears on your Apple TV. Xcode will pair with the Apple TV.
- Open Apple Configurator on your Mac.
- Click on your Apple TV in Apple Configurator.
- Drag the tvOS 13 Configuration Profile from your Desktop to the Apple TV icon in Apple Configurator. The Apple TV will be configured for the tvOS 13.